Monday, July 17, 2006

Video Review: part II

Alright, so this is the second time I've had to watch myself on video. I bought a new tie over the break, so immediately I give myself a couple of style points. Seriously though, I think I seemed a little more uptight than I did when I was teaching the kids. When it was the kids, I tried for it to be more of a performance and play off of their personalities. You could tell I was teaching for an evaluation grade; at least I thought so. It was a basic lesson on multiplying/dividing fractions and one that I thought lacked creativity. I don't think I had any glaring weaknesses and for the most part I presented myself in a confident manner; however, I guess I just imagined myself to be more energetic and INTERESTING. I've got to continue to seek new ways to make my class better. I did, however, appreciate the great feedback I received from Mrs. Cornelius; she's awesome. You can tell she loves to teach and loves math. Plus, the woman is creative. So anyways, if I had to summarize my performance, I would say that I presented myself in a confident manner, but I thought it was just a plain old basic lesson.

HT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home