Saturday, December 09, 2006

Quarter down

Well, I can't believe how fast it has already gone by. It only seems like yesterday that the first years were putting a beat down on the second-years in a little ultimate frisbee. I had to throw that in there...sorry...alright, now back to the blog.

I can already say that I feel like this was one of the most beneficial/rewarding experiences I've ever done in my life. I remember the feelings of this past summer. We all became pretty close, and I think for the most part we were all going in feeling fairly confident and optimistic about the jobs we had set out to do. Well, then the first two weeks of school happened, and I know I was struggling a lot. I remember calling my dad almost every other night to ask about different things to try in the classroom.

Then slowly, I started to get better at my craft. I started investing in my work and investing in my kids. The results have been an unforgettable semester where I've felt more challenged than I ever have before in my life. I know we're getting ready for Christmas break, which I'm definitely looking forward to, but I'm really excited about trying some more new things in the classroom. I think it's only going to get better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home