Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Meelk and cherry caoke

Well, today was the first day under contract for me at my school. We began the day with a three hour seminar over the student handbook followed by lunch and afternoon off in order to work on our classrooms. I found out my classroom is actually in one of the portable trailers on the backside of the school. I think it actually could be kind of cool. It's like I am my own building....I need a nickname for my classroom....suggestions....please post. Right now I'm leaning towards "The Box", "The Birdcage", or "The Rock". The one bad thing about the classroom, however, is that my airconditioning unit isn't in the best shape. They recommended that I bring in some fans of my own....just to keep myself cool...and the students ofcourse.

The living situation is going really well. Landon's girlfriend came over this past weekend to stay with us. Her accent is hilarious.....I'm talking it's about as Mississippi as you can get. She's definitely a hit with our house. She made us a couple of meals as well....I think that's really why I like her....I like to eat.

On a more serious note, I'm actually starting to get nervous about school starting up next week. I'm just nervous about the first week of school. Everyone puts so much emphasis on the first week, and I'm worried I won't lay a good foundation down. Ahh, I'll be glad when the first day just gets here. It's like the locker room time before a big game. You're ready to go play, but you're forced to just sit and think about the task ahead of you.....and that's the reality. I'll post again soon; I'm just tired.

HT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home