Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First days of school...

Well, I have officially been teaching my own students in my own classroom for 3 full days now. It seems like so much has happened in such a short time. My first day was quite the experience. I had mentioned in previous blogs about my teaching sessions at Holly Springs and how great they were. I think I need to go ahead and make it very clear that our class was awesome; I got spoiled waaaaay to early. I think I just assumed that we were really that good at teaching. Anyways, back to my first day of school. Well, after a fairly smooth first two blocks of teaching, my third and final block of kids gave me quite the warm welcome. I think I lost control of the class after about 20 minutes of going over rules and procedures. I've never had to repeat myself that many times. By the end of class, I was furious. I was so frustrated with myself. It just seemed like no matter what I punished them with or what I said, they basically just said...."thank you may I have another." I left school that day feeling defeated. However, after talking with my roommates and my dad, I went back in the following day a little more prepared and ready for whatever would be thrown my way. The result....these past two days have been really good. I know I've still got a long way to go, but it felt so good to see some improvement. I just hope we stay on this upward slope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Blue Jeans said...

keep it up!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home