Friday, October 13, 2006

Learning Styles Blog

Alright, so I gave the learning styles assessment to my classes back in September and my results favored that of Visual. I didn't find it that surprising really. All they talk about in class are movies, sports, girls/guys, and television. They're taking in so much mulitimedia it's ridiculous. Plus, as we read from the Understanding Poverty book, entertainment plays such a vital role in these kids lives that in order to reach them on an academic level, I'm finding out that I have to be entertaining and animated in order to keep their attention. Another thing that I thought was interesting when I gave out the learning styles tests was how many words they didn't understand. I had to read the questions to them aloud and clarify the meaning of at least one word per question; it was unbelievable.

I actually do think that these tests are beneficial though, and for the most part the kids seemed to enjoy taking them. Oh, I almost forgot to mention; we won the North division in football. We play for the city championship this coming Tuesday. It's going to be amazing...haha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monroe said...

So, what happened with the game? Keep up the great work.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home